Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution concerns stashing and/or sharing given web content on a web server managed by a web hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services used for various goals, so let's take a gaze at these. Doing so, you can decide what you want, based on whether you wish to set up a site, mails, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service furnished by given providers, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage services are often supported by showing advertisements by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely unsuitable interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the workload between different sets of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting kind is appropriate if you would like to share a great quantity of images with comrades or partners since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your e-mails. Some providers provide hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can open email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file generates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred website viewers, you may have a problem with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to utilize as many video clips as you want without hassling about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to own a site. To some extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and e-mail aliases, upload videos, etc. At BIGSITES INDIA, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that allow you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the normal email/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for specific content only.